One of the cool features of google plus mobile app is instant upload i.e upload the pictures or video as you shoot instantaneously to the google+ social network.
As cool as it sounds, sometimes it is not welcomed by everyone. By default instant upload is turned on in your google+ mobile application. Now for example, let’s say you are using a limited data plan or have less battery, when you take a picture or a video, your google+ mobile app will immediately upload the media to your google plus account which might cause you run data overages or drain your battery.
If you are running into above constraints, the good news is, you can disable instant upload or configure to upload photo’s or video’s only when you are on a WiFi / mobile charging.
Step by step instructions to disable instant upload / configure settings
- In you google+ application, go to Settings
- Goto the bottom section where you’ll find Instant Upload (You can uncheck to disable instant upload altogether)
- If you choose to use Instant Upload only through WiFi, click on the Settings option
- Click on the Mobile Uploads settings and choose Photo’s and Video’s via Wi-Fi only
- If you choose to save battery, Check the Battery uploads option (This will enable to upload photo’s, video’s only when charging)
This great feature will save you from losing that precious moment even if your phone is lost or misplaced.
Photos and videos instantly uploaded using this feature are available under Instant upload album on Google+ and are never shared (unless you choose to share).Popular terms
- how to stop google plus from uploading images
- google instant upload
- data overage google plus
- disable auto upload on gmail iphone
- stop sync on google plus photo sharing setting on google plus
- stop samsung google plus is sharing my photos
- STOP GOOGLE SHARING PHOTOS ON MOBILES
- htc how to stop google plus automatic upload
- stop uploading pictures from android to google