Communities is a popular feature in the google+ network where people with similar interests share and collaborate. In other words a modern version of a forum / groups with a touch of social powered by Google+.
This feature was quickly appreciated by Google+ users and was a great success. In fact this feature brought user engagement on Google+ to an all time high. According to GlobalWebIndex, Google+ had over 330 million+ active users in january 2013.
Don’t worry, Google+ team has rescued us by allowing to customize and control what you see from communities.
Option #1. Completely turn off community posts from appearing in your home stream
- Goto the community you want to customize
- Click on the Actions drop down button
- Check or Un-Check, Show posts in Home Stream option based on you want to show or hide community posts
Option #2. Customize / limit the amount of posts you want to see in your home stream
- Same steps as above
- Click on the Amount menu item (defaults to Standard)
- In the sub menu choose More, Standard or Fewer according to your preference
Hope this feature helps to keep your home stream organized.