One of the goal that google tries to achieve is data openness. As a owner of your own data you should be able to export your data and do whatever you want to do with it.
Google takeout is a initiative by google to export data across the google products you use pretty much everyday.
Here are the simple steps of how to export your data using Google Takeout
- Goto url www.google.com/takeout/
- Login with your google username / password
- You’ll be shown list of options to download archive of your data
- At this time of writing here are following data you can export and download
- +1’s (the website’s or url’s you +1’d)
- Buzz (the stuff you shared using google buzz)
- Contacts and Google+ Circles (the contacts from your gmail and google+ connections)
- Picasa Web Album (your photos)
- Profile (google profile)
- Google+ Stream (google+ shared items)
To export all your data at once, just click on the Create Archive button and you’ll be able to download all at once.
To export just from one product, click on the services button on the top and select a particular service in the next screen (immediately it’ll show the size of the data) and click on the Create Archive button.
Export of your data can’t be made easier than this, Thanks to Google for making it easier!!