Ever wondered how to share circles in google+? Now you can. Sharing circles was one of most sought out feature by many of the google+ users. With this new update, sharing of circles is officially there.
Let’s say you create a artists circle and added artists you found on google+ to it. Now if you want to share this circle with other google+’ers or other circles, the only way you could have done is manually create a post with links pointing to each artists profile and then share it. After sharing, your friends or circles, have to create a circle and add them one by one. It is cumbersome and still not useful.
With this new update rolled out today, you don’t have to do any of that. Sharing of Google+ circle is a breeze.
Here are the steps of how to share a circle
- Click on the circles tab on your Google+ profile
- In the circles view, click on the circle you want to share
- Once you clicked on the circles, you’ll find immediately 3 links Edit, Delete & Share (in the same place you clicked on the circle)
- Click on the share link
- A share circle dialog will appear
- You’ll find a textfield to enter comments, you may type in a comment here
- Below you’ll find a Add circles or people to share with… link, click on it and add a person or circle name you want to share this circle with
- Click on the Share button
- That’s it, the circle you shared will appear on the person or the circles stream
- They’ll provided with 2 options Add Circle or View people in circle
- Clicking on Add circle will add this circle to their list of circles (and they’ll immediately start seeing posts from people in that circle in their stream)
- Clicking on the View people in circle will just display list of people in the circle
Share option after clicking on a circle in the circles view
Share dialog after clicking on the share link
Shared circle appearing in the stream of a Google+ profile (after shared by someone)
Now we can see circles being shared all over the place. for e.g How about creating a SeaHawks circle and sharing among SeaHawks fans… Cool huh!!
NOTE: If a share link doesn’t show up in your circle, please wait. It might take a while before everyone gets the update.
For privacy reasons, your circle name will be never shared. For the people you shared with, it’ll show as <name> shared a circle with you (refer above image)
Here is sharing a circle in Google+ videoPopular terms