Is you OnePlus One (1+1) phone battery draining or losing charge quickly after a full charge? Then please read below and perform these simple steps to improve your battery life.
This was tried and tested on OnePlus build # KTU84Q and CyanogenMod version 11.0-XNPH445 (the most recent version of OnePlus One software update).
Steps to Reset your OnePlus One Battery
- Goto Settings, scroll down and touch the Privacy setting
- Now touch the “Privacy Guard” setting
- Scroll down and make sure none of the applications have privacy guard enabled (You may touch the reset icon in the top right to reset completely in one shot)
- Now let the battery drain completely (You may play a video, audio or anything that consumes a lot of battery)
- Once battery completely drained, phone will completely turnoff
- Now connect your OnePlus one original charger and let it to fully charge (Do not turn on until fully charged and you see the green battery status image)
- Once you see the fully charged image (If you’re not seeing image, a single press on power button will show the charge status i.e battery image filled with green color)
- Now you may turn the phone On by pressing the power button (until you get a small vibration)
- That’s it, you’re done
Before these steps my battery was discharging quite fast and didn’t last more than 8 hours even after a full charge. After performing above steps, my battery life improved significantly with 1 day 3+ hours and still had 39% battery left before I started charging again.
These ideas were compiled based on user comments in OnePlus One forum and other forums. If you are facing a similar battery charge issue, please let us know if this worked for you or any other steps you did to achieve a better battery life?